Statement of Work
GDSN - Salsify for GDSN
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is subject to the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments between Salsify and Customer. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, as the case may be.
The objectives of this document are the following:
- To gain agreement between Customer and Salsify on the project scope and requirements for the work described in this SOW
- To serve as the blueprint for what will be delivered
- Centralize content into a single platform
- Configure system to support GS1 requirements
- Activate content to trade partners through the GDSN data pool
Scope of Work
This service package is designed to provide a Salsify lead onboarding focused on the set up and enablement of one of your operating units that provides content through GDSN data pool. The Salsify project team will perform hands on configuration of the Salsify platform based on the services outlined in this SOW and objectives defined in the planning phase. At the end of this onboarding period, customers should have centralized product content including digital asses, data model that supports GS1 standards, syndication to current trade partners and system training and enablement allowing your team to self-manage the Salsify platform.
Data Model / Content Import
Data Model Discovery / Advisory
Salsify will conduct a discovery session to review and consult with Customer on the following topics:
- Best practice around configuration of a data model within Salsify that supports the addition of content to the Salsify GDSN data pool, as well as publishing GTIN data to trading partners.
- Review and confirmation on product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, property definitions, property groups, property permissions focused on GS1 standards and filename conventions for digital assets.
Data Model Configuration
Based on the information gathered during the discovery phase, Salsify will configure Customer’s data model within Salsify. The data model will account for properties required to support source system, logistical hierarchies and GDSN requirements. Salsify will also configure a readiness report for Customer which will allow the Customer team to evaluate content completeness and quality against Customer internal content standards.
Initial Content Loads
Once the data model is complete, Salsify will work with Customer to identify and load content into the Salsify system from Customer’s source system including up to 3 different data feeds that are expected to include copy and digital media. As part of the content loading process, Salsify is able to link digital assets to existing products based on a consistent file naming convention inclusive of the product ID. Salsify will link assets based on up to 25 variations of the file name. If additional naming conventions exist, additional effort may be required to include all variations.
Ongoing Content Feeds
Salsify will also work with Customer to set up a semi-automated data feed process where Customer can place new or updated product information in a flat file format (.xlsx or .csv) on a Salsify provided SFTP server. This process will consume files placed on the SFTP and add or update product information in Salsify.
Data Model and Content Import Review
Provide one overview session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel in content validation. The purpose of this session will be to review key decisions made during the content import milestone and the process designed to import content in an ongoing fashion. This session typically lasts thirty minutes and is expected to be in addition to the standard training courses.
GDSN Channel Configuration and Syndication Milestone
GDSN Channel Configuration
Salsify will configure one or more Salsify channels for publishing to GDSN trading partners. For each GDSN channel, Salsify will work with Customer product experts to:
- Configure Readiness Reports based on channel requirements provided by Customer
- Map existing GCC coding or Customer category hierarchies to GS1 Global Classification Codes
- Configure mappings from Customer product content to GDSN dependent, retailer-independent, and retailer-specific GDSN attribute requirements across product categories
- Identify gaps in required GDSN attributes and advise the customer strike team to adjust content loads, as well as configure workflows to remediate content gaps
Salsify will work with Customer personnel to perform testing of GDSN channel mappings and syndication to the Salsify GDSN data pool. Salsify will also configure a daily report to share publish and error information with Customer users.
Provide one overview session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel in content validation and the defined GDSN publishing process. The purpose of this session will be to review key decisions made during the GDSN milestone and how to publish to trade partners. This session typically lasts thirty minutes and is expected to be in addition to the standard training courses.
Salsify Rollout Support
In addition to Milestones outlined above, Salsify has also included rollout support time where an implementation consultant will schedule two (2) remote calls weekly for four (4) weeks following the completion of the services. These calls can be used to cover best practice recommendations on using Salsify and sharing ecommerce expertise. Examples of these topics include:
- Content management guidance (i.e. advising on data modeling, loading content & digital assets into Salsify, and automation of content feeds)
- Syndication guidance (i.e. advising on setting up channels, channel mapping, and publishing)
- People, Process and Organizational Setup (i.e. advising on configuring lists, users, groups, permissions, and establishing workflows to foster internal collaboration)
- Sales enablement (i.e. advising on setting up digital catalogs, lightboxes, and sell sheets)
- Technical guidance (i.e. advising on writing formulas, computed properties, and using the Salsify APIs)
- Your Project Team will complete our Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum, which provides foundational Salsify skills that ensure your team has the skills necessary to configure and administer Salsify.
- Your Project Team will have access to both live group training sessions (included with your Salsify subscription) as well as on-demand recordings. The Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum evolves regularly and includes topics such as:
- Getting Started with Product Content Imports
- Getting Started with Properties
- Getting Started with Products
- Getting Started with Parents & Variants
- Content Organization - Filters & Lists
- Getting Started with Digital Assets
- Getting Started with Formulas
- Introduction to Readiness Report Channels
- Getting Started with Lightboxes
- Introduction to Custom Channels
- Getting Started with Catalogs
- User Administration
- Custom Channels: Digital Asset Exports
- Getting Started with Enhanced Workflows
- Introduction to Gap Analysis
This project is estimated at 2 - 4 months from project kick-off to Go-live. This project timeline is an estimate based on the activities outlined above above. The assigned Salsify Consultant will create a detailed project schedule during the Planning Phase of the project based on actual assigned resource availability and project dependencies. While Salsify will try to adhere to the estimated project timeline, many factors such as delays in Customer providing deliverables or changes in scope can affect both the individual task dates and the projected Go-live date.
A Salsify engineer/consultant will validate that the functionality delivered meets the completion criteria as defined in this SOW.
Following successful Salsify testing, it is expected that an Customer resource will also test and validate that the delivered functionality meets the requirements as defined in this SOW or provided use cases. All feedback will be reported to Salsify so that resolution of defects can be tracked and resolved.
The following completion criteria have been defined and agreed to by Customer and Salsify. Salsify will ensure the delivered functionality meets the criteria as defined below. Upon meeting the completion criteria Salsify will deem the functionality delivered and complete. The delivered functionality will then fall under the standard warranty as defined in this SOW.
- Data Imported to support Customer’s configuration and GDSN syndication
- Fully configured, mapped and tested channel for GDSN syndication to trade partners
Warranty for Services
Customer must report any deficiency in Services to Salsify in writing within thirty (30) days of completion of such an applicable portion of the Services (the “Warranty Period”). Salsify will promptly remedy and support any deficiency in the Services reported to Salsify during the Warranty Period; provided that Salsify will have no obligation to provide, remedy or support any requirements or functionality which are outside the scope of this Statement of Work.
Following the expiration of the Warranty Period, Salsify will use commercially reasonable efforts to remediate any bugs or defects in the Services for so long as Customer is covered by an active paid subscription to Salsify’s proprietary Salsify Platform.
Salsify will deliver the services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful implementation/administration of the Salsify platform and may require a change order or an SOW, where the change process will be followed as described in this document.
- Customer will ensure availability of key personnel ("Project Team") for the duration of the Services Period. This includes:
- A primary point of contact will be made available to Salsify that can align necessary resources as required in order to complete any tasks determined as part of the scope of services defined in this SOW.
- A core project team, including at least one Salsify Administrator to drive ongoing administration of your Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- At least one Salsify Administrator to oversee training completion of the customer project team.
- Additional personnel with expertise in source systems to be integrated into Salsify, trade partner requirements, expertise in customer/account relationships, and expertise in your product content to work closely with your Salsify Administrator and Salsify Project Team on integrating source systems, mapping product categories, mapping product attributes, and other implementation areas as appropriate.
- Content Import Milestone:
- Customer will be responsible for providing product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, and property definitions.
- Customer will be responsible for translation of content for all localized data feeds
- Customer will be responsible for providing a consistent naming convention across assets that reference a consistent product identifier and property identifier. For example, an asset filename can include your product SKU and image type delimited by underscore: 1234_Front.jpg.
- Customer will be responsible for providing content extracts in a CSV (comma-separated value) or single-sheet tabular XLSX file export.
- GDSN Channel Configuration and Syndication Milestone
- Customer will be responsible for providing any necessary content to facilitate mapping to GDSN requirements, either via import or directly within customer's Salsify account
- Customer will provide a list of all required GLNs for trading partners receiving Customer’s data
- After initial configuration of Customer-provided list of trading partners and delivery of Customer GDSN training, Customer will be responsible for adding trading partners to the GDSN publish process
- Customer maintains an active GDSN license for the Salsify data pool for publishing content to GDSN recipients.
- Customer have identified personnel who will be the Salsify user(s) responsible for the ongoing administration of the GDSN publication process, including filling content gaps and updating GDSN channel configuration as necessary.
In addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this SOW, the following risks have been identified that may impact the timing or success of this project (this is not necessarily a complete list):
- Delay in receiving data
- Delay with receiving trade partner details
- Customer does not have team to support implementation
- Customer does not have Salsify administrator
Change Control Process
The below identifies the change control process that will be utilized when Customer requires a deliverable that is not currently in scope as part of this SOW and is required to be delivered as part of this initial project. If the new request can be delivered outside of this project, then a new SOW will be issued:
- Stakeholders recognize the need for a possible change.
- The need is communicated to the Project Team.
- The Project Team captures and documents the change order in the form of an SOW, change order, or order form.
- Salsify provides a cost estimate for the change.
- The change order is reviewed by Salsify & Customer representative(s) and is either rejected, or mutually approved.
- Project team communicates the status of the change order to stakeholders, documents action, and closes the request.
- If the Change Order is approved, any appropriate updates to the project plan or project costs are made and communicated.
Services beyond the scope of this document will be considered out of scope and will require a change order or an SOW to be issued. All change orders will follow the change control process as defined in this document. The following items have been identified as out of scope (this is not necessarily a full list):
- Sell sheets that are downloadable from a Digital Catalog
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Language translation of product content
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration outside of what is defined in this SOW
- Custom engineering services
- This Statement of Work is governed by the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments.
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all services are performed remotely.
- This SOW expires 30 days from the date presented to Customer. Salsify then reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to this SOW.
- Any travel costs associated with this SOW are deemed approved upon signature of this document.