Salsify Fast Track Onboarding Services Package
Salsify empowers our customers to deliver the product experience consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. Our product experience management (PXM) platform combines the power of PIM and DAM capabilities, the industry’s broadest commerce ecosystem, and actionable insights to orchestrate compelling product experiences through every digital touchpoint.
A successful Salsify onboarding will enable your business to meet changing and unique consumer, customer, and internal requirements for high-quality product content, to increase responsiveness to content requests, and to deploy a centralized repository for product content and assets across your company.
About the Salsify Fast Track Onboarding Services Package
Salsify’s onboarding philosophy revolves around anticipating and preparing for continuous changes in the commerce landscape. Our Fast Track Onboarding Services Package begins by collaborating with a Salsify Customer Champion to develop a program plan to ensure a successful Salsify roll-out for your company. Once goals have been solidified and planning is complete, your Project Team will have the ability to attend Standard Group Training sessions aimed at providing you the foundational knowledge needed to utilize the platform. Salsify experts will provide configuration the platform, as well as provide best practice guidance on the ongoing administration of the Salsify platform.
The goal of the Salsify Fast Track Onboarding Services Package is to provide a configured Salsify platform that will provide your organization with immediate business value, as well best practice recommendations in order to continue to drive utilization forward.
The scope of the Salsify Fast Track Onboarding Services Package includes the services enumerated here ("Onboarding Services") in support of the above objectives, delivered during the Onboarding Period and subject to the assumptions set forth below.
- Salsify will assign a Customer Champion who will work with you over the course of your Salsify subscription to develop and execute a program for rolling out Salsify to your business.
- Your Salsify Fast Track Onboarding begins with upfront planning with your Customer Champion over a two-week timeframe. Your Customer Champion will provide:
- Broad plan to fully adopt Salsify into your organization
- Project plan for your implementation based on your priority goals. This will include requirements gathering calls with a Salsify Implementation Consultant, attendance of trainings and recommendations for advisory hours with an Implementation Consultant.
- Outline of prerequisites needed to begin implementation
- Your Project Team will complete our Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum, which provides foundational Salsify skills that ensure your team has the skills necessary to configure and administer Salsify.
- Your Project Team will have access to both live group training sessions (included with your Salsify subscription) as well as on-demand recordings. The Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum evolves regularly and includes topics such as:
- Getting Started with Product Content Imports
- Getting Started with Properties
- Getting Started with Products
- Getting Started with Parents & Variants
- Content Organization - Filters & Lists
- Getting Started with Digital Assets
- Getting Started with Formulas
- Introduction to Readiness Report Channels
- Getting Started with Lightboxes
- Introduction to Custom Channels
- Getting Started with Catalogs
- User Administration
- Insights & Dashboards
- Custom Channels: Digital Asset Exports
- Getting Started with Enhanced Workflows
- Introduction to Gap Analysis
- Content Import Milestone. Salsify will complete the following:
- Conduct a requirements gathering session with your project team to understand product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, property definitions, property groups, property permissions, and filename conventions for digital assets
- Define properties in Salsify based on the requirements gathering session
- Import data and assets into Salsify based on up to 3 Customer-supplied extracts
- Link up to 25 different types of digital assets based on your existing filename convention
- Configure one Salsify Internal Readiness Report, which allows your team to evaluate your content completeness and quality against your internal content standards for all or a subset of products in Salsify
- Provide one 30-minute training session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel in content validation
- Sales Enablement Milestone. Salsify will complete the following:
- Conduct a requirements gathering session with Customer project team to understand Sales enablement needs, which includes the format needed to share product information with internal and external users
- Configuration of a Salsify Digital Catalog, Lightbox, or Sell Sheet depending on best method available based on Customer project team requirements
- Syndication Milestone. Salsify will complete the full setup, mapping, and publish of up to three Salsify channels.
- For each of the defined channels, Salsify will:
- Conduct an initial requirements call with your stakeholders to gather channel requirements
- Configure a new Readiness Report based on channel requirements provided by the Customer
- Map your category hierarchies to the retailer's product categorization hierarchies
- Configure mappings from Customer’s product content to retailer-specific attribute requirements across product categories
- Configure product image transformations to meet resolution, format, and file naming requirements of the retailer
- Review configured and mapped channel with Customer's personnel and update mappings as necessary
- Identify and communicate gaps in required attributes to Customer's personnel
- Work with the Customer to identify the process or steps necessary to fill required content gaps for products in order to be ready for syndication
- Complete one successful publish of the channel for the Customer for any products that have all required content available and are approved for syndication by the Customer
- Provide feedback to the Customer on the status of the publish and troubleshoot any errors or feedback from the retailer
- Provide one 30-minute training session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel in content validation and syndication process for the defined retailer from Salsify
- See ‘Appendix A’ for more details about Salsify and customer responsibilities for setting up these initial three channels and subsequent channels beyond the initial three
- Workflow Milestone. Salsify will complete the following:
- Complete a requirements gathering session to define effective workflows for creating, updating, and approving product content
- Configure and test up to five Salsify workflows, each containing up to twenty tasks, to track progress towards ensuring complete and valid product content
- Provide one 30-minute training session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel to review configured workflows
- Your onboarding also includes 8 advisory hours with an Implementation Consultant aimed at guiding your Salsify Project Team to configure your Salsify account in alignment with your business objectives. Advisory services topics cover best practice recommendations on setting up and using Salsify and sharing ecommerce expertise. Examples of these topics include:
- Content management guidance (i.e. advising on data modeling, loading content & digital assets into Salsify, and automation of content feeds)
- Syndication guidance (i.e. advising on setting up channels, channel mapping, and publishing)
- Insights Reporting
- People, Process and Organizational Setup (i.e. advising on configuring lists, users, groups, permissions, and establishing workflows to foster internal collaboration)
- Sales enablement (i.e. advising on setting up digital catalogs, lightboxes, and sell sheets)
- Technical guidance (i.e. advising on writing formulas, computed properties, and using the Salsify APIs)
- Salsify will schedule and conduct a review of your Salsify platform configuration for your project team once the implementation configuration outlined as part of this package has been completed.
- One-hour walk through of your Salsify configuration
- Documentation of implementation configuration
Salsify will deliver the Onboarding Services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful setup of the Salsify platform, and may require additional services.
- Customer will ensure availability of key personnel ("project team") for the duration of the Onboarding Period. This includes:
- A core project team, including at least one Salsify Administrator to drive ongoing administration of your Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- At least one Salsify Administrator to oversee training completion and usage of advisory hours of the Customer project team.
- Additional personnel with expertise in source systems to be integrated into Salsify, expertise in customer/account relationships, and expertise in your product content to work closely with your Salsify Administrator and Salsify Project Team on integrating source systems, mapping product categories, mapping product attributes, and other implementation areas as appropriate.
- Content Import Milestone:
- Customer will be responsible for providing product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, and property definitions.
- Customer will be responsible for providing a consistent naming convention across assets that reference a consistent identifier. For example, an asset filename can include your product SKU and image type delimited by underscore: 1234_Front.jpg.
- Customer will be responsible for providing content extracts in a CSV (comma-separated value) or single-sheet tabular XLSX file export.
- Sales Enablement Milestone:
- Customer will provide Custom Sell Sheet requirements in the form of an example Sell Sheet indicating layout and design to be used for the Salsify Sell Sheet configuration
- Syndication Milestone:
- Customer will provide channel requirements for the in-scope channels for this package
- Customer will provide Salsify the credentials for any retailer portals needed to publish content and assets.
- Customer will make resources available to address all content gaps for required attributes in the retailer channel in a timely fashion for a minimum of five products. After 30 days of the mappings being completed, if no products have all the required content for syndication, the Customer waives support for the publishing and review of retailer feedback for that channel.
- Workflow Milestone:
- Customer project team will complete provided Workflow Planner template and provide workflow requirements
Timing and Completion
The Onboarding Period is defined as the term beginning on the date of your Salsify kick-off meeting and extending for 90 days following that date. The services defined in this document will be deemed complete and expire at the end of the Onboarding Period.
The following is a sample timeline for these services:
Planning: Weeks 1-2, including tailoring this sample timeline to your business objectives
Implementation: Weeks 3-7, or beginning once the prerequisites identified during Planning have been provided
Review: Week 8
Advisory Hours: To be used at any time during the Onboarding Period to support your project team in configuring additional content loads, channels, and workflows beyond the scope of the Implementation services in this package.
- This services package is governed by the referencing Salsify Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments.
- Implementation Consultants are available via email and phone with a standard response time within 24 to 48 business hours of request.
- We request Customer limits advisory requests for live sessions to no more than eight hours in any single month or two hours in any given week.
- Advisory Hours topics are limited to portions of the Salsify Platform currently licensed by Customer
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all Onboarding Services are performed remotely.
- Salsify will publish to customer's retailers via a “best available” method, which may include via API, via FTP, via flat-file (CSV) generation, via spreadsheet generation, or via Salsify self-service digital catalogs.
- Salsify will maintain up-to-date retailer requirements for all priority retailers that make content requirements publicly available or available via feed or API to technology partners. Salsify will work with customer personnel to maintain up-to-date requirements for all other priority retailers.
- If the delivery of the Onboarding Services are delayed for a period of ten consecutive days due to Customer's failure to make the necessary resources available or to perform Customer's obligations, Salsify may temporarily re-assign resources until such time as Customer has eliminated the cause of delay and is ready to resume the Onboarding Services.
Out-of-scope & Additional Services
Services beyond the scope of this document will require a Statement of Work. Such Statement of Work may provide services as either time & materials or fixed price arrangement pending the additional scope. Mutual agreement by all parties via an updated Statement of Work will be required prior to initiating additional services.
Salsify and our preferred partners offer a wide range of services beyond the scope of the Onboarding Services outlined above, including:
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Private and onsite trainings for Salsify administrators and end users
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration
- Custom engineering services, such as:
- Integration with an existing legacy system to automate flow of images into Salsify
- Integration with an existing content database that is unable to produce regular flat-file (CSV) exports (e.g., automation of an XML feed into Salsify)
- Integration with downstream ecommerce platforms via communications with an API or generation of custom export formats
Appendix A: Salsify Channel Responsibilities
During the Onboarding Period covered by this services package, responsibilities for setting up Salsify channels will be:
Responsibilities for setting up additional Salsify channels will be:
- Responsible – The responsible party owns all activities necessary to complete the corresponding task.
- Consult– The consult party provides expertise and information to support the responsible party in completing the corresponding task.