Statement of Work
Foundation Services Package
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is subject to the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments between Salsify and Customer. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, as the case may be.
SOW Term. The Services shall commence on the date set forth on the Order Form and shall continue until the earlier of: (i) completion of the Services as outlined in the Completion Criteria section or (ii) the termination date set forth on the Order Form.
The objectives of this document are the following:
- To gain agreement between Customer and Salsify on the project scope and requirements for the work described in this SOW
- To serve as the blueprint for what will be delivered
This service package is designed to provide a Salsify led onboarding focused on the set up and enablement of one of your operating units. The Salsify project team will perform hands-on configuration of the Salsify platform based on the services outlined in this SOW and Customer-defined objectives. At the end of this onboarding period, customers will have centralized product content including digital assets and a foundation to continue importing data, uploading assets, and managing the Customer’s Salsify platform going forward.
Scope of Work
Salsify will perform the following services as part of this SOW:
Data Model / Content Import Milestone
Data Model Discovery & Advisory
Following delivery by Customer of a representative data set that consists of all properties required for developing a data model, Salsify will conduct a discovery session to review and consult with Customer on the following topics:
- Perform analysis on Customer-provided data to validate that key data requirements are met and data is complete for onboarding.
- Review and confirmation on product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy, property definitions, property groups, property permissions focused on Customer’s endpoint requirements and filename conventions for digital assets.
- Review and confirmation of Customer’s downstream objectives and requirements for product content and assets.
- Best practice around configuration of a data model within Salsify focused on source data.
Data Model Configuration
Based on the information gathered during the discovery phase, Salsify will configure Customer’s data model within Salsify. The data model will account for properties required to support source data requirements. As part of this milestone, Salsify will configure the following:
- Product Hierarchy
- One (1) product inheritance hierarchy to be used across all product categories, up to four (4) levels in depth.
- Up to five (5) locales in Customer's Salsify instance. A locale is defined as a language-country combination such as 'English - Canada', and 'French - Canada', or as a language without a country designation such as 'English'.
- Up to fifty (50) localized properties, inclusive of localized digital asset properties.
- Digital Assets
- Up to twelve (12) assets per product, across up to twelve (12) digital asset properties; 360 spins are considered a single asset.
- Up to five (5) security policy groups. Security policy groups are defined as groups of users (by role) that are able to see various entities such as groups of products, digital assets, and channels in Salsify.
- Up to ten (10) user groups defined by the level of access that the user should have. User groups are defined as groups of users (by role) that have varying levels of permissions (create, read, updated, delete) throughout Salsify.
Initial Content Loads
Once the data model is complete, Salsify will work with Customer to load content into Salsify from Customer’s sources, including up to three (3) different content sources with up to five (5) files per source such as copy, logistics data, and other data relevant to ecommerce.
In addition to these three (3) content sources, Salsify will perform one (1) manual upload of Customer-provided digital assets and associated metadata from a single source, as needed. As part of the initial digital asset loading process, Salsify will link digital assets to existing products based on a consistent file naming convention inclusive of the product ID, subject to Assumptions defined below. Salsify will link assets based on up to twenty-five (25) variations of the file name.
Ongoing Content Feeds
Salsify will configure an automated / semi-automated feed of product content from an upstream system as long as Customer is able to schedule an export of Salsify-importable data from that upstream system, per the relevant Assumptions and Customer Responsibilities defined below.
Salsify will work with Customer to set up a semi-automated data feed process where Customer can place new or updated product information in a flat file single-tab format (.xlsx or .csv) on a Customer or Salsify SFTP server. This process will consume files placed on the SFTP and add or update product information in Salsify.
Data Model and Content Import Review
Salsify will configure a digital catalog to provide an additional visual aide to support Customer with review of the configured data model and imported content and digital assets.
Once all configuration has been completed and approved, Salsify will provide one thirty-minute overview session and supporting documentation for Customer. The purpose of this session will be to review key decisions made during the content import milestone and the process designed to import content in an ongoing fashion. This session is in addition to the standard training courses.
Customer’s project team will complete the Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum, which provides foundational Salsify skills that ensure Customer can configure and administer Salsify on a go-forward basis. The Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum includes training on modules within the Salsify platform, and is accessible via on-demand recordings (included with Customer’s Salsify subscription).
Throughout the project, Salsify will communicate with Customer on a regular basis. These touchpoints ensure visibility and awareness of project deliverables and timelines. The following are details around the type of communication, frequency, details on what will be covered and duration of the communications.
- Introduction to Salsify
- Identify Key Dates/Dependencies
- Customer Deliverables & Scope Review
- Next Steps
- Salsify Implementation Consultant
- Customer Project Team
Weekly Technical/ Status Call
- Project Status
- Requirements Gathering
- Address Technical Questions
- Configuration Reviews
- Customer Feedback
- Milestone Functionality Demos
- Consult on best practices
- Salsify Implementation Consultant
- Customer Project Team
Project Wrap Up & Post Onboarding Introduction
- Final Project Review Introduction to Post
- Onboarding Support Team
- Salsify Post-Onboarding Support Team
- Salsify Implementation Consultant
- Customer Project Team
This project is estimated at 3-4 months from project kick-off to Go-live. This project timeline is an estimate based on the activities outlined above. The assigned Salsify Consultant will create a detailed project schedule upon project initiation based on actual assigned resource availability and project dependencies. While Salsify will try to adhere to the estimated project timeline, many factors such as delays in Customer providing deliverables or changes in scope can affect both the individual task dates and the projected go-live date.
A Salsify engineer/consultant will validate that the functionality delivered meets the completion criteria as defined in this SOW.
Following successful Salsify testing, it is expected that a Customer resource will also test and validate that the delivered functionality meets the requirements as defined in this SOW or provided use cases. All feedback will be reported to Salsify so that resolution of defects can be tracked and resolved.
The following completion criteria have been defined and agreed to by Customer and Salsify. Salsify will ensure the delivered functionality meets the criteria as defined below. Customer will have five (5) business days of each milestone delivery to provide Salsify feedback identifying and describing in reasonable detail any defects within the delivered functionality. The functionality shall be considered complete upon the later of the five day feedback period and the update of the requested modification.
- Data model configured to support Customer’s source data
- Initial data imported from content sources
- Ongoing feeds of content configured, if applicable
- Initial asset upload and linking complete, if applicable
- Security groups and user groups configured, if applicable
- Data model and imported content overview completed
Warranty for Services
Customer must report any deficiency in Services to Salsify in writing within thirty (30) days of completion of such an applicable portion of the Services (the “Warranty Period”). Salsify will promptly remedy and support any deficiency in the Services reported to Salsify during the Warranty Period; Salsify will have no obligation to provide, remedy or support any requirements or functionality which are outside the scope of this Statement of Work.
Following the expiration of the Warranty Period, Salsify will use commercially reasonable efforts to remediate any bugs or defects in the Services for so long as Customer is covered by an active paid subscription to Salsify’s proprietary Salsify Platform.
As part of this engagement, Customer is responsible for:
- Availability of key personnel (“Project Team”) for the duration of the Services Period. This includes:
- A primary point of contact that can align necessary resources as required in order to complete any tasks determined as part of the scope of services defined in this SOW.
- Organization of a core Project Team, including at least one Salsify administrator to drive ongoing administration of Customer’s Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- Completion of Salsify training.
- Additional personnel with expertise in source systems to be integrated into Salsify, expertise in customer/account relationships, and expertise in Customer’s product content to work closely with Customer’s Salsify administrator and Salsify Project Team on integrating source systems, mapping product categories, mapping product attributes, and other implementation areas as appropriate.
- Content Import Milestone:
- Providing content extracts in a CSV or single-sheet tabular XLSX file export for up to three (3) content sources that are representative of Customer’s content and properties; this will be used to define and configure Customer’s data model, and populate the content in Salsify.
- Identifying a unique product ID or set of potential unique product IDs that exist within each content source per each relevant level of the product hierarchy.
- Defining product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy and taxonomy, and properties.
- A consistent naming convention across assets that reference a consistent product identifier and property identifier.
- Providing digital assets as files (i.e. .tiff, .png, .jpeg, .mp4), file archives (i.e. .zip), or as publicly accessible URLs in a CSV or single-sheet tabular XLSX format.
- Additional configuration of localized properties beyond the initial fifty (50).
- Additional manual content and asset loads following the three (3) initial loads.
- If Customer requires ongoing feed(s) for this project, Customer must have one of the following capabilities; if these are not feasible, Customer will be responsible for either manually importing updated data on an ongoing basis, or building an automated process to import from an upstream system:
- Ability to schedule an export of Salsify-importable data from the upstream system, delivered to Salsify's SFTP server.
- If Customer is unable to deliver source data to Salsify's SFTP server, but is able to deliver a Salsify-importable file to a Customer owned SFTP server, Customer will ensure that:
- The file is named consistently and without any date/timestamp or other variation.
- Credentials to access relevant directory on Customer’s SFTP server are provided.
- The file will be delivered on a regular cadence (daily, weekly, etc.).
- The delivery cadence will be shared with Salsify for configuration purposes
Salsify will deliver the services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful implementation/administration of the Salsify platform and may require a change order or an additional SOW, where the change process will be followed as described in the “Change Control Process” section of this document.
- Each data source file will consist of up to two hundred (200) columns, and will have up to three hundred (300) unique data points across all three (3) content sources.
- Customer will provide Digital Assets with a consistent file naming convention across assets that adhere to the best practices defined below:
- A product identifier that is available in Salsify and unique across all products -- for instance, Customer’s internal product SKU number or UPC/EAN.
- A consistent delimiter to support programmatic linking of assets to products, such as an underscore
- Specification of the property / shot type to which the asset should be assigned (i.e. ‘Front’, ‘Back’, ‘Nutrition’, ‘Ingredients’, etc.)
- If Customer plans to have more than one image per property / shot type, the name should include an index (i.e. 012345_FRONT_01.jpg)
In addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this SOW, the following risks have been identified that may impact the timing or success of this project (this is not necessarily a complete list):
- Delay in receiving data
- Customer does not have team to support implementation
- Customer does not have Salsify administrator
Change Control Process
The below identifies the change control process that will be utilized when Customer requires a deliverable that is not currently in scope as part of this SOW and is required to be delivered as part of this initial project. If the new request can be delivered outside of this project, then a new SOW will be issued:
- Stakeholders recognize the need for a possible change.
- The need is communicated to the Project Team.
- The Project Team captures and documents the change order in the form of an SOW, change order, or order form.
- Salsify provides a cost estimate for the change.
- The change order is reviewed by Salsify & Customer representative(s) and is either rejected, or mutually approved.
- Project team communicates the status of the change order to stakeholders, documents action, and closes the request.
- If the Change Order is approved, any appropriate updates to the project plan or project costs are made and communicated.
Services beyond the scope of this document will be considered out of scope and will require a change order or an SOW to be issued. All change orders will follow the change control process as defined in this document. The following items have been identified as out of scope (this is not necessarily a full list):
- Automated feeds of product content or digital assets that do not comply with relevant Assumptions defined above.
- Linking of digital assets with filenames that do not comply with relevant best practices in the Assumptions defined above.
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Language translation of product content.
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration outside of what is defined in this SOW.
- Custom engineering services.
- This Statement of Work is governed by the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments.
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all services are performed remotely.
- Unless executed, this SOW and services terms are valid for up to 30 days from the date presented to Customer. Salsify then reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to this SOW.
- If travel is required, all travel costs will be approved by the customer prior to booking.