Salsify Foundation Implementation Package
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is subject to the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments between Salsify and Customer. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, as the case may be.
The objectives of this document are the following:
- To gain agreement between Customer and Salsify on the project scope and requirements for the work described in this SOW.
- To serve as the blueprint for what will be delivered.
Salsify’s onboarding philosophy revolves around anticipating and preparing for continuous changes in the commerce landscape. Our Foundation Onboarding Services Package begins by collaborating with a Salsify Customer Champion to develop a program plan to ensure a successful Salsify roll-out for your company. Once goals have been solidified and planning is complete, your Project Team will have the ability to attend Standard Group Training sessions aimed at providing you the foundational knowledge needed to utilize the platform. Salsify experts will provide configuration on the platform, as well as provide best practice guidance on the ongoing administration of the Salsify platform. Salsify understands that a single source of truth for your digital ecommerce content is often a challenge and necessary to provide your customers with the digital experience they expect.
The primary goals of the Salsify Foundation Onboarding Services Package includes:
- Centralization and importing your existing product content and assets to provide your single source of truth.
- Organization of your content.
- System set up to support all future use cases within Salsify.
At the completion of the foundation package, you will have a fully configured data model and imported content for your identified products.
Content Import Milestone
As part of the content import milestone Salsify will work with Customer to define up to 3 distinct data sources that can be used to populate Salsify with product and asset information. During this milestone Salsify will complete:
- Conduct a remote requirements gathering session with your project team to understand product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, property definitions, property groups, property permissions, and filename conventions for digital assets
- Based on the information derived from the requirements gathering session, Salsify will define and configure the necessary properties in the Salsify application.
Data Import / Asset Linking
- Salsify will import up to 3 Customer-supplied extracts containing product data and assets.
- Salsify will create a process to link up to 25 different types of digital assets based on your existing filename convention
Internal Readiness Report
- Salsify will configure one Internal Readiness Report, which allows your team to evaluate your content completeness and quality against your internal content standards for all or a subset of products in Salsify.
Content Import Validation Training & Documentation
- Salsify will conduct one 30-minute training session and provide supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel to review final configurations and layout of imported content.
Ongoing Content Import Feeds
- Salsify will enable standard methods for supporting the ongoing feed for new and updated products.
- Salsify will enable an SFTP drive where files can be placed for automated consumption into Salsify.
- Salsify will work with Customer during the implementation to define the file formats required and the frequency of the feeds.
- Your Project Team will complete our Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum, which provides foundational Salsify skills that ensure your team has the skills necessary to configure and administer Salsify.
- Your Project Team will have access to both live group training sessions (included with your Salsify subscription) as well as on-demand recordings. The Salsify Standard Platform Training curriculum evolves regularly and includes topics such as:
- Getting Started with Product Content Imports
- Getting Started with Properties
- Getting Started with Products
- Getting Started with Parents & Variants
- Content Organization - Filters & Lists
- Getting Started with Digital Assets
- Getting Started with Formulas
- Introduction to Readiness Report Channels
- Getting Started with Lightboxes
- Introduction to Custom Channels
- Getting Started with Catalogs
- User Administration
- Insights & Dashboards
- Custom Channels: Digital Asset Exports
- Getting Started with Enhanced Workflows
- Introduction to Gap Analysis
A Salsify engineer/consultant will validate that the functionality delivered meets the completion criteria as defined in this SOW.
Following successful Salsify testing, it is expected that Customer’s resource will also test and validate that the delivered functionality meets the requirements as defined in this SOW or provided use cases. All feedback will be reported to Salsify so that resolution of defects can be tracked and resolved.
The Onboarding Period is defined as the term beginning on the date of your Salsify kick-off meeting and extending for 90 days following that date. The services defined in this document will be deemed complete and expire at the end of the Onboarding Period.
Warranty for Services
Customer must report any deficiency in Services to Salsify in writing within thirty (30) days of completion of such an applicable portion of the Services (the “Warranty Period”). Salsify will promptly remedy and support any deficiency in the Services reported to Salsify during the Warranty Period; provided that Salsify will have no obligation to provide, remedy or support any requirements or functionality which are outside the scope of this Statement of Work.
Following the expiration of the Warranty Period, Salsify will use commercially reasonable efforts to remediate any bugs or defects in the Services for so long as Customer is covered by an active paid subscription to Salsify’s proprietary Salsify Platform.
Salsify will deliver the services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful implementation / administration of the Salsify platform, and may require a change order or an SOW, where the change process will be followed as described in this document.
- Customer will ensure availability of key personnel ("Project Team") for the duration of the Services Period. This includes:
- A primary point of contact will be made available to Salsify that can align necessary resources as required in order to complete any tasks determined as part of the scope of services defined in this SOW.
- A core project team, including at least one Salsify Administrator to drive ongoing administration of your Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- At least one Salsify Administrator to oversee training completion of the customer project team.
- Content Import Milestone:
- Customer will be responsible for providing product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, and property definitions.
- Customer will be responsible for translation of content for all localized data feeds
- Customer will be responsible for providing a consistent naming convention across assets that reference a consistent product identifier and property identifier. For example, an asset filename can include your product SKU and image type delimited by underscore: 1234_Front.jpg.
- Customer will be responsible for providing content extracts in a CSV (comma-separated value) or single-sheet tabular XLSX file export.
In addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this SOW, the following risks have been identified that may impact the timing or success of this project (this is not necessarily a complete list):
Change Control Process
The below identifies the change control process that will be utilized when Customer requires a deliverable that is not currently in scope as part of this SOW and is required to be delivered as part of this initial project. If the new request can be delivered outside of this project, then a new SOW will be issued:
- Stakeholders identify the need for a possible change
- Need is communicated to the Project Team
- Project Team captures and documents the change order in the form of a SOW, change order or order form
- Salsify provides cost estimate for the change
- Change order is reviewed by Salsify & Customer representative(s) and either rejects or both approve
- Project team communicates status of change order to stakeholders, documents action, and closes the request
- If the Change Order is approved, any appropriate updates to the project plan or project costs are made and communicated.
Services beyond the scope of this document will be considered out of scope and will require a change order or an SOW to be issued. All change orders will follow the change control process as defined in this document. The following items have been identified as out of scope (this is not necessarily a full list):
- Definition and configuration of workflows
- Syndication or data exports to any end systems
- Catalog, Sell Sheet or Light Box configuration
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Translation of product content
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration outside of what is defined in this SOW
- Custom engineering services including automation of data import beyond the standard file based FTP.
- This Statement of Work is governed by the referencing Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all services are performed remotely
- This SOW expires 30 days from the date presented to Customer. Salsify then reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to this SOW
- Any travel costs associated with this SOW are deemed approved upon signature of this document