Statement of Work
Data Model Optimization Assessment
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is subject to the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments between Salsify and Customer. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, as the case may be.
The objectives of this document are the following:
- To gain agreement between Customer and Salsify on the project scope and requirements for the work described in this SOW
- To serve as the blueprint for what will be delivered
The goals for this project as identified by Customer and Salsify:
- Gather necessary information to understand how Customer could best leverage new data modeling capabilities
- Understand steps required to convert Customer to data model that is consistent with best practices for PXM, with consideration around syndication to priority endpoints
- Provide Customer with the information required to understand the impact on existing configuration and integration(s)
The services to be performed per this SOW are:
Data Model Optimization Assessment
Salsify will assign a technical resource who will work with you to perform the data model optimization assessment, which will include outlining high-value updates and an approach to accomplish required data model reconfiguration in support of optimizing your use of Salsify. The assessment will include the following deliverables:
- Salsify will host a call with the business users to understand current challenges, objectives, and how to measure success
- Review and confirmation of:
- Product identifiers, data types, category hierarchy / taxonomy, property definitions, property groups, property permissions and filename conventions for digital assets
- Source data and upstream integrations
- Downstream system requirements and delivery
- Data Model change impact analysis, inclusive of:
- Source integrations
- Downstream integrations
- Workflow, Digital Catalogs, and other in-application functionality
- Discussion around data model reconfiguration best practice within Salsify
- Following the discovery sessions outlined above, Salsify will develop and deliver documentation of recommended configuration changes in Salsify. This document will incorporate:
- New features and functionality recommended based on the challenges and outcomes as defined during discovery by Salsify and the Customer team
- Identified risks, known outlier use cases, or custom functionality required to accomplish the objectives as discovered.
- Identified updates to input or output integrations and recommended paths for migration.
- Salsify will iterate over the document to update and clarify until Customer provides approval of the solution design.
This project is estimated at 1-2 months from project kick-off to go-live. This project timeline is an estimate based on the activities outlined above. The assigned Salsify Project Manager will create a detailed project schedule during the Planning Phase of the project based on actual assigned resource availability and project dependencies. While Salsify will try to adhere to the estimated project timeline, many factors such as delays in Customer providing deliverables or changes in scope can affect both the individual task dates and the projected Go-live date. Please note that all timelines listed below are subject to the same factors and potential delays.
The following completion criteria have been defined and agreed to by Customer and Salsify. Salsify will ensure the delivered functionality meets the criteria as defined below. Upon meeting the completion criteria Salsify will deem the functionality delivered and complete. The delivered functionality will then fall under the standard warranty as defined in this SOW.
- Delivery of the assessment & final Optimization Guide
Warranty for Services
Customer must report any deficiency in Services to Salsify in writing within thirty (30) days of completion of such an applicable portion of the Services (the “Warranty Period”). Salsify will promptly remedy and support any deficiency in the Services reported to Salsify during the Warranty Period; provided that Salsify will have no obligation to provide, remedy or support any requirements or functionality which are outside the scope of this Statement of Work.
Following the expiration of the Warranty Period, Salsify will use commercially reasonable efforts to remediate any bugs or defects in the Services for so long as Customer is covered by an active paid subscription to Salsify’s proprietary Salsify Platform.
Salsify will deliver the services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful implementation/administration of the Salsify platform and may require a change order or an SOW, where the change process will be followed as described in this document.
- Customer will ensure availability of key personnel ("Project Team") for the duration of the Services Period. This includes:
- A primary point of contact will be made available to Salsify that can align necessary resources as required in order to complete any tasks determined as part of the scope of services defined in this SOW.
- A core project team, including at least one Salsify Administrator to drive ongoing administration of your Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- At least one Salsify Administrator to oversee training completion and usage of advisory hours of the customer project team.
- Additional personnel with expertise in source systems to be integrated into Salsify, expertise in customer/account relationships, and expertise in your product content to work closely with your Salsify Administrator and Salsify Project Team on integrating source systems, mapping product categories, mapping product attributes, and other implementation areas as appropriate.
In addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this SOW, the following risks have been identified that may impact the timing or success of this project (this is not necessarily a complete list):
- Lack of Customer resource availability
Change Control Process
The below identifies the change control process that will be utilized when Customer requires a deliverable that is not currently in scope as part of this SOW and is required to be delivered as part of this initial project. If the new request can be delivered outside of this project, then a new SOW will be issued:
- Stakeholders recognize the need for a possible change.
- The need is communicated to the Project Team.
- The Project Team captures and documents the change order in the form of an SOW, change order, or order form.
- Salsify provides a cost estimate for the change.
- The change order is reviewed by Salsify & Customer representative(s) and is either rejected, or mutually approved.
- Project team communicates the status of the change order to stakeholders, documents action, and closes the request.
- If the Change Order is approved, any appropriate updates to the project plan or project costs are made and communicated.
Services beyond the scope of this document will be considered out of scope and will require a change order or an SOW to be issued. All change orders will follow the change control process as defined in this document. The following items have been identified as out of scope (this is not necessarily a full list):
- Sell sheets that are downloadable from a Digital Catalog
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Translation of product content
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration outside of what is defined in this SOW
- Custom engineering services
- Automated syncing of secondary environments
- This Statement of Work is governed by the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments.
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all services are performed remotely.
- This SOW expires 30 days from the date presented to Customer. Salsify then reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to this SOW.
- Any travel costs associated with this SOW are deemed approved upon signature of this document.