Statement of Work
Add-on Enhanced Content
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is subject to the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments between Salsify and Customer. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein will have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service, as the case may be.
SOW Term. The Services shall commence on the date set forth on the Order Form and shall continue until the earlier of: (i) completion of the Services as outlined in the Completion Criteria section, or (ii) the termination date set forth on the Order Form not to exceed twelve months.
The objectives of this document are the following:
- To gain agreement between Customer and Salsify on the project scope and requirements for the work described in this SOW
- To serve as the blueprint for what will be delivered
- Build deeper connections with customers through the use of enhanced content
Scope of Work
This package is designed to enable and help Customer get up and running with Salsify’s Enhanced Content module. The services outlined in this SOW will enable the Enhanced Content module and provide configuration of up to three (3) Enhanced Content templates.
Salsify will perform the following services as part of this SOW:
Enhanced Content Milestone
Enhanced Content Requirements
Salsify will work with Customer to determine the following information to enable Enhanced Content:
- Retailer Product Identifiers
- Priority product lists
- Number of Impressions
- If required, retailer credentials for set up
Enhanced Content Configuration
Salsify will perform the following activities with information provided by Customer:
- Definition and configuration of up to three (3) Enhanced Content templates using standard Salsify enhanced content layouts and content blocks
- Mapping Salsify properties to the template
- Train the core project team on how to manage and add additional templates.
Enhanced Content Review
Provide one thirty minute overview session and supporting documentation for appropriate Customer personnel in content validation and the Enhanced Content process. The purpose of this session will be to review key decisions made during the Enhanced Content milestone and how to publish Enhanced Content to the available retailers.
Hours and Timing
The services listed in this SOW will be conducted on a time and materials basis. The hours required for tasks and deliverables defined in this document are estimates based on Salsify’s experience with past projects. Salsify will strive to deliver within these estimates. To the extent that hours spent exceed estimates, Salsify will invoice actual hours plus up to 10% of total estimated hours without approval. Hours above such 10% will follow the Change Control process that will result in one of three outcomes: additional funding, change in scope or the reallocation of hours form other tasks (if available).
Salsify will adjust the onboarding project timeline based on the number of Add-on Enhanced Content configurations purchased.
A Salsify engineer/consultant will validate that the functionality delivered meets the completion criteria as defined in this SOW.
Following successful Salsify testing, it is expected that a Customer resource will also test and validate that the delivered functionality meets the requirements as defined in this SOW or provided use cases. All feedback will be reported to Salsify so that resolution of defects can be tracked and resolved.
The following completion criteria have been defined and agreed to by Customer and Salsify. Salsify will ensure the delivered functionality meets the criteria as defined below. Customer will have five (5) business days of each milestone delivery to provide Salsify feedback identifying and describing in reasonable detail any defects within the delivered functionality. The functionality shall be considered complete upon the later of the five day feedback period and the update of the requested modification.
- Enhanced Content module enabled and reviewed with customer
- Three (3) Enhanced Content templates configured and reviewed
Warranty for Services
Refer to the onboarding package for warranty details.
As part of this engagement, Customer is responsible for:
- Availability of key personnel (“Project Team”) for the duration of the Services Period. This includes:
- A primary point of contact that can align necessary resources as required in order to complete any tasks determined as part of the scope of services defined in this SOW.
- Organization of a core Project Team, including at least one Salsify administrator to drive ongoing administration of your Salsify account, including additional configuration beyond the initial implementation configuration outlined in this package.
- Completion of Salsify training.
- Additional personnel with expertise in source systems to be integrated into Salsify, expertise in customer/account relationships, and expertise in Customer’s product content to work closely with Customer’s Salsify administrator and Salsify Project Team on integrating source systems, mapping product categories, mapping product attributes, and other implementation areas as appropriate.
- Enhanced Content Milestone:
- ‘product-feature-1.jpeg’, ‘product-feature-2.jpeg’
- ‘hero-brand.jpeg’, ‘lifestyle-brand.jpeg’
- Providing Product IDs to match products in Salsify with published endpoint product detail pages for each target endpoint
- Product data containing the required IDs to match products in Salsify with published defined endpoint product detail pages that exists within Salsify
- Marketing copy and digital assets that support the configuration and publication of Enhanced Content templates that exist within Salsify
- Implementing and providing standardized naming conventions for Customer digital assets; examples include, but are not limited to:
- ‘product-feature-1.jpeg’, ‘product-feature-2.jpeg’
- ‘hero-brand.jpeg’, ‘lifestyle-brand.jpeg’
Salsify will deliver the services described in this document subject to the assumptions listed in this section. Invalidation of these assumptions may alter the scope of services required for successful implementation/administration of the Salsify platform and may require a change order or an additional SOW, where the change process will be followed as described in the “Change Control Process” section of this document.
- Enhanced Content endpoint targets are natively supported by Salsify
- If an enhanced content product list contains members of multiple levels of the Customer hierarchy, only the lowest level products will be published
- All required content and assets required to support configuration and publication of Enhanced Content templates exist within Salsify
- Services described in this statement of work are to be delivered in conjunction with a Salsify onboarding package
In addition to those mentioned elsewhere in this SOW, the following risks have been identified that may impact the timing or success of this project (this is not necessarily a complete list):
- Delay in receiving data
- Delay with receiving retailer templates
- Customer does not have team to support implementation
- Customer does not have Salsify administrator
- Incomplete content preventing syndication
- Salsify does not control content from the retailer portal to the retailer website, therefore syndication can only be validated to the retailer portal
Change Control Process
The below identifies the change control process that will be utilized when Customer requires a deliverable that is not currently in scope as part of this SOW and is required to be delivered as part of this initial project. If the new request can be delivered outside of this project, then a new SOW will be issued:
- Stakeholders recognize the need for a possible change.
- The need is communicated to the Project Team.
- The Project Team captures and documents the change order in the form of an SOW, change order, or order form.
- Salsify provides a cost estimate for the change.
- The change order is reviewed by Salsify & Customer representative(s) and is either rejected, or mutually approved.
- Project team communicates the status of the change order to stakeholders, documents action, and closes the request.
- If the Change Order is approved, any appropriate updates to the project plan or project costs are made and communicated.
Services beyond the scope of this document will be considered out of scope and will require a change order or an SOW to be issued. All change orders will follow the change control process as defined in this document. The following items have been identified as out of scope (this is not necessarily a full list):
- Retrieval of content for Enhanced Content modules from product references, not including comparison charts
- Sell sheets that are downloadable from a Digital Catalog
- Product content and image creation, clean-up, curation, and refresh
- Language translation of product content
- Configuration of user groups and/or permissions to control access to Enhanced Content in Salsify
- Ongoing Salsify platform administrative services, including additional hands on configuration of the Salsify platform, such as data modeling, imports, and end to end syndication configuration outside of what is defined in this SOW
- Custom engineering services
- This Statement of Work is governed by the attached Order Form with the associated Terms of Service and attachments.
- Unless otherwise agreed or specified, all services are performed remotely.
- Unless executed, this SOW and services terms are valid for up to 30 days from the date presented to Customer. Salsify then reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to this SOW.
- If travel is required, all travel costs will be approved by the customer prior to booking.